You’ve spoken, and I’ve listened: it’s time to move on and tackle perhaps the biggest part of Lightroom: the Develop module. I’ve had a number of readers email me about what we’ve been learning in Lightroom in the Library module, and they say they’re ready to get down to the editing work.
Today, we’re hitting a big turning point in our Lightroom education. We’ve spent a lot of time in the Library module, learning how to cull, tag, and manage huge libraries of images. But today marks the intro to the Develop module.
The Develop module is where we have the power to work on our images and polish them to look perfect. Here’s a few things we’ll be covering as we start working through it:
- Correcting exposure and improving lighting
- Converting images to beautiful black and whites
- Reducing noise in our images
- Sharpening images to perfection to bring out the finest details
- Controlling color in images precisely
What do you know about the Develop module so far? Feel free to leave a comment if there’s anything you want me to teach as we start working through every part of the Develop module.